Al Bayt Stadium is one of eight stadiums for the 2022 World Cup to be held in Qatar.
Profile of the 2022 World Cup stadium, Al Bayt is located in the city of Al Khor which is about 35 kilometers from Doha.
Al Bayt Stadium began construction in September 2015 and was completed four years later.
Al Bayt Stadium is the second largest venue for the 2022 World Cup after Lusail Stadium.
The Al Bayt stadium has a capacity of 60,000 spectators, while the Lusail stadium has a capacity of 80,000 spectators.
The design of the Al Bayt Stadium was inspired by the “bayt al sha’ar”, which is the tent used by the nomadic communities in Qatar and the Arabian Gulf region.
Al Bayt Stadium has a retractable roof system. This makes Al Bayt the only indoor stadium at the 2022 World Cup.
In addition, Al Bayt Stadium is also equipped with an internal cooling system.
2022 World Cup matches at Al Bayt . Stadium
Based on the 2022 World Cup schedule, Al Bayt Stadium will hold group stage matches to the semifinals.
One of the matches that will be presented at the Al Bayt Stadium is the Spain vs Germany duel in Group E.
The following are the matches of the 2022 World Cup which will be held at the Al Bayt Stadium:
- 21 November 2022: Qatar vs Ecuador (Group A)
- 23 November 2022: Morocco vs Croatia (Group F)
- 26 November 2022: England vs USA (Group B)
- 28 November 2022: Spain vs Germany (Group E)
- 29 November 2022: Netherlands vs Qatar (Group A)
- 2 December 2022: Costa Rica vs Germany (Group E)
- 4 December 2022: Group B winners vs Group A runners-up (16 top)
- 10 December 2022: Quarter-finals
- 14 December 2022: Semi-finals